Magento Web Design – E-Commerce Made Easy
Magento, easily is the fastest going open source e-commerce platform in the market. Magento Web design offers a flexible e-commerce solution to online traders looking to grow!
Magento Website Designer community is growing rapidly and it is estimate that it currently has more than 1 million members. This means that where ever you are, chances are you will find a Magento web designer in your area or at least not very far from you.
What makes Magento a Platform of Choice for Retailers?
Magento is getting a lot of attention form website developer community to develop E-commerce solution. Magento itself is a feature rich solution out of the box. In addition, the large Magento Web Developer community has ensured that there are a lot of rich extensions and modules available in the market to easily expand its functionality without too much development.
Our Top 10 reasons to choose Magento Web Development over other E-commerce platforms are:
- Multi-Site & Multi-Domain Setup: Magento seamlessly allows you to have multiple stores and domains setup within one Admin system, giving you the ability to manage your multi-site business with minimum complexity.
- Flexible Architecture & Design: Magento Web Developers can easily customise both front-end and admin interface. In addition to the main template, you can have separate template for each section of your website if you desire. This design flexibility even allows you the ability to create landing pages if necessary.
- International Support: Magento website design offers the ability to manage multiple language, currencies, countries, shipping and a lot more localisation support from one admin interface.
- Flexible Shipping Options: Magento web developers can easily integrate shipping to multiple addresses. With Magento you can have flat rate shipping, customise shipping based on post code, weight or even integrate with third parties like Temando, UPS, Australia post and more.
- Payment: Magento offers different payment methods. Your Magento web designers can integrate 3rd party gateways like eWay, Paymate, Paypal, Google Checkout, SecurePay etc with ease.
- Promotions & Discounts: Easily create new promotions and Discount Vouchers for your customers. Vouchers could be one off or can be multiple use.
- Search engine Friendly: Magento Website are Search engine Friendly out of the box. All URL’ generated are search engine friendly, you can easily generate Google sitemap, provide Meta information for each product or category or content page.
- Customer Management: Magneto web development allows you to segregate customers based on their group. You can easily segment your customers between Wholesale and Retail and offer them pricing based on their group.
- One Page Checkout: Magento Website Designers can integrate One Page Checkouts using free third party tools. One Page Checkout help reduce Cart abandonment and improve conversion rates.
- Magento Connect: Magento Connect is the world’s largest E-commerce marketplace offering a huge range of extensions to help magento web developers rapidly deploy new projects.
In addition to the above, Magento offers variety of security features and customer management features that make it a platform of choice for web developers worldwide.
Extensions for successful Magento Stores
As discussed earlier in this article, there are a thousands of extensions available for rapid Magento Web Development. Depending on the customer requirement, Magento developers can choose the extension they need to extend the functionality of their store.
There are some extensions that we recommend every store should have. These extensions help you better market your products, engage your customers and convert better.
- Koonga Connector: Almost every Ecommerce store needs to advertise on Google Shopping and list their products on various shipping comparison websites like getprice and shopbot. Koonga Connector allows you to generate XML/CSV for more than 500 product search and comparison websites. You can create unlimited number of export profiles and also pick and choose the products you want to include in each profile.
- One Page Checkout: As more and more people move to smaller devices, their attention span is also getting shorted. People now want to finish the transaction quickly and with more and more people using their phones for online purchasing, they want to enter as little information as possible. One Page check out really streamlines your check out process, allowing people to checkout with minimal fuss. Every E-commerce store now needs a One Page Checkout as it also helps reduce shopping cart abandonment as people have less time to think before they complete the transaction.
- Shipping Extensions: Irrespective of what courier company you use, chances are an extension is available to integrate their system with Magento. Some common shipping extensions used in Australia include Australia Post and Temando. Temando helps retailers manage the entire fulfilment process from the shopping cart to delivery.
- Aftership: For Magento websites that do not integrate any shipping extensions, aftership is a blessing. No more follow up phone calls from customers chasing their deliveries. Using aftership, you and your customers can track their deliveries. The paid subscription even sends automated emails and/or SMS to customers at various triggers (on board for delivery, delivered, failed delivery).
- Automatic Upsells: Although Magento comes with basic upsells and cross-sells, Magento Web developers can use automatic upsells to right much better business rules for better conversion. Automatic upsell is very flexible and allows you to develop unlimited number of rules for variety of products.
- Accounting Integration: For customers that use cloud based accounting system like Xero, Account Integration is a must. Extensions like OneSaas allow you to import all your sales, products and customers from Magento into Xero automatically. For a small monthly fees charged by these accounting integration tools, you can save tens of hours of work every month.
- Cloud Backup: There are no bigger disasters than loss of data. Using Cloud Backup, you can easily restore you website. With Cloud Backup, you protect your data by copying and storing it on a separate service with easy access. Using this module, your Magento Website developers can schedule backup tasks that run automatically. You can even select what components to backup.
- Extended Product Grid with Editor: A must have for stores with more than 1000 products to sell. With a large number of products you need the ability to edit products without clicking through each product page. This can become a pain for simple yet important tasks like updating product price, stock and configuration. With this extension, there is no need to go to the edit page of each product page. You can do it all using the grid. You can even list quantities sold and categories in the grid. After you have made the changes you can quickly check out changes on the front end.
- Mailchimp Integration: Magento comes with an inbuilt newsletter platform, however it is not very feature rich when it comes to reporting or creating new newsletters. Most magento Web Developers would categorically call the inbuilt newsletter feature to be very un-user-friendly. Mailchimp on the other hand is a complete newsletter solution that is not only easy to use and feature rich, it is possibly the cheapest in the market as well. Anyone who is looking to send regular newsletters and marketing materials, mailchimp is highly recommended.
There are thousands of extensions available to enable rapid Magento Web Development. Some of them are free while others come at a small cost. Independent of the costs involved, it is certain that the using these off the shelf extensions save you a lot of money as compared to custom development by your Magento web Developers.