Top 10 Magento Facts that Magento Developers Can’t Afford To Pass Up
So, why should ecommerce businesses invest in Magento? Why is Magento website design the preferred option for ecommerce websites? Some of your favourite and the world’s most celebrated brands like Nike, Samsung, Ford, Lenevo, Olympus and Nestle Nespresso have chosen Magento to power their ecommerce websites. We guess, this is a fact solid enough to get you started with the platform or switch from your current platform. Ok, that’s just a piece of information, but there are several remarkable benefits associated with this ecommerce platform that can encourage you to use it for your retail business.
From a robust suite of out-of-the-box features to unparalleled flexibility, scalability and performance, it doesn’t come as a surprise that the platform hands online stores and retailers a whole lot of reasons to count on it to start, run and grow their business in the highly competitive ecommerce world.
With more and more of the world’s population shifting its focus from offline shops and malls to online shopping stores, high standards in terms of shopping opportunities, quality and comfort have been set for retailers. To get their business and sales running successfully, retailers simply need to stand out from the crowd (of retailers) on the internet.
Being a feature-rich platform designed to provide an enhanced level of flexibility and control over everything ecommerce, Magento extends a helping hand to online retailers from small start-ups to established brands to lead their ecommerce efforts in the right direction.
In the wake of state-of-the-art ecommerce solutions, here are some substantial facts that would help Magento web designers and developers as well as online retailers understand more about the powerful Magento platform and make the most of its features and functionalities.
- Arguably the most powerful e-commerce platform, Magento doubles the set of benefits and the performance it delivers to its users by offering two different versions: Community Edition and Enterprise Edition. While the two editions share similar base codes, the Community product is free of cost and the Enterprise edition charges a specific amount for its additional advanced and highly customisable features. What’s more, the premium version comes with a Service Level Agreement, exclusive product enhancements and excellent customer support. Magento also had its third edition, Magento Go, launched a few years back. However, the edition failed to make an impact in the market and is now discontinued.
- The flexibility and adaptability that the platform offers its users is impeccably exceptional. No surprises that the Magento platform empowers more than 150,000 ecommerce stores including some leading brands like Samsung, Fox Connect, Vizio and Men’s Health.
- Adding to its innovative features and functionalities are 5000+ professional extensions that enable designers and developers customise and extend a Magento store efficiently to suit basic to complex business requirements.
- Ever since its first appearance in 2008, the platform has managed to get over 500,000 downloads with 5000 daily downloads at present. Not to mention the rapidly growing Magento community that has over 800, 000 members till date, who’ve successfully translated the software into over 60 languages in order to help users across the world have a seamless experience using it.
- Adding to that, Magento has over 400 solution partners worldwide and tens of thousands of developers and ecommerce companies working across varied areas of ecommerce web development. Availability of surplus of resources globally has cut down the cost of setting up and running an online business. By outsourcing Magento development, both start-ups and existing ecommerce stores can manage their product customisation, shipping, payment gateways and other necessary operations at an optimum price.
- While in the UK, US and Canada the term “ecommerce” is more popular than Magento, New Zealand and Australia, according to a Google report, have more searches for the term “Magento” than the term “ecommerce”.
- According to an ecommerce survey, Magento is the most popular and used ecommerce platform in the world, holding about 31% of the market share. In addition, 26% of the top 1 million websites are reported to be using Magento as their ecommerce platform.
- Serving as the most advanced and efficient open source ecommerce software in the market, Magento has effortlessly managed to ward off conflict from professional platforms like Oracle ATG, Hybris and IBM WebCommerce.
- While single-server setups are easy to set up and handle, large and successful stores require clustering their environment with multiple websites. Magento was originally designed to help multi-server setups handle their operations over different websites and hence, it becomes easy with the software to deal with a large number of requests.
- The software is based on Zend framework and hence, uses conventional object-oriented programming and model-view-controller architecture, which ensures error-free and easy-to-maintain coding.
Nested Static Blocks
This feature allows you to divide complex blocks into multiple data blocks that are quite easy to manage. Nested static blocks are useful when you have a content-rich website that calls for frequent content updates. You can simply create multiple blocks and arrange your contents therein.
Product Alert Notification
With hundreds and thousands of stores available online, it becomes a demanding job to drive customers to your website and have them coming back for all of their purchases. Product Alert Notification is a feature that helps you update your customers by sending product availability and price change notifications. The feature also enables you to analyse number of customer visits on specific product pages on your ecommerce store, which helps you understand customer needs and preferences in a better way.
Admin Session Timeout
For ecommerce owners who seek to edit product descriptions on their Magento website, Admin Session Timeout is the perfect feature. By sticking to a specific session timeout limit, you will be able to boost your session lifetime. For this, you need to access your Magento admin dashboard configuration and reach the session lifetime tab under the security tab, wherein you can change the session lifetime value from 60 seconds to 1800 seconds to ensure that your system doesn’t expire after every 60 seconds.
While standard Magneto functionality limits retailers to offering multi-buy discounts on only one product, tier pricing enables online stores to offer bulk discount across multiple products. The feature allows you to create different discount groups with different products and offer specific multi-but discounts across all product groups. While tier pricing allows ecommerce owners to appeal to their customers by offering discounts, customers too get to buy a set of products at comparatively low prices.
Flexibility of Ratings
Running an ecommerce business is a challenging task that requires you to ensure varied factors such as quality of products, on-time delivery, fine packaging and product updates. And, if you manage to ensure all these factors efficiently, you can certainly ask your customers to rate your products and services. Adding valuable customer reviews and feedbacks to your ecommerce store would help increase your sales and enhance your reputation.